I’m Shelly, a Professional Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation,
an Integrative Enneagram Accredited Practitioner,
and a shero-in-training just like you!
I’m guessing you are a seeker, too.
We tend to find each other, don’t we?
For as long as I can remember, I have loved being a part of something bigger than myself:
- first, as the youngest kid in a big, loud, hilarious, hard-working farming family;
- then, as a seeker of beauty, truth and wisdom as a student of theology;
- next as a tenacious, though
tiny bitdown right self-righteous activist and advocate for people who are poor;
- and now as the mom of four, spouse to my very best friend, coach, podcast host, e-course creator, and head dog-walker.
At this stage in my life, I started a coaching practice to move toward more integration: of commitment to family and pursuit of the common good; of transformative work and a playful, flexible lifestyle.
Here’s what I love:
Anthropomorphic animals nearly ALWAYS make me laugh. I swoon at the sight of a beautiful old barn. I am the most content when on the banks of a river but I also really love being on big chair with a big book. I am a sentimental mess on my children’s birthdays and I am hopelessly devoted to my dog. I love a good competition, especially when it requires feats of strength.
And I love when people recognize that there’s a HELL of a lot of work that needs to be done in our world – and the best place to start is by working on yourself.
Here’s why I might be the right coach for you:
As a coach, I am committed to holding you as the expert in your own life. You are capable, resourceful, competent and unshakably good.
I listen. I challenge you to dig a little deeper. I’m kind and fun and bring lightheartedness to the process of inner work.
I lean on the the Enneagram as a helpful tool for transformation and find it a powerful tool in the practice of coaching.
I have several years experience as a mental health coach, trained in Cognitive Behavioral Coaching and ACT coaching practices. And I have twice as many years experience as the client in the therapist/coach’s chair!
- 25+ years of leadership experience in nonprofit organizations prior to coach training
- Professional Certified Coach, accredited by the International Coach Federation
- Integrative Enneagram Accredited Practitioner (IEQ9)
- Capacitar Trauma Healing and Transformation Practitioner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology and Justice and Peace Studies, Creighton University (Go Jays!)
This I know:
- Self-compassion is a superpower.
- Knowing our core values and putting them into action is the best kind of self-care.
- Self-awareness and commitment to growth is the best gift you can give those you parent, lead and love.
- Most sticky situations just need some silence or a dose of creativity – and a healthy sense of humor doesn’t hurt, either.
- It is vital to know the difference between discomfort and pain.
- Courage and kindness are contagious, and good Lord, do we need both right now.
- The work we need to do – as individuals and as a community – is a heavy lift. But we don’t need to do it alone.
Join the Shero Community by signing up on my mailing list. You’ll get invitations to the Shero Reverse Book Club (no reading required!) and updates on the latest Tiny Sabbatical Project offerings and a heads up on new posts on The Hideout Blog.